Tuesday 21 January 2014

Pregnancy Brain?!

Ok, so I wouldn't say I'm the most organized person in the world, but I usually manage to keep things (including my mind) in order at least a little bit. However, the last two weeks or so have been total chaos. It has been like functioning with either an overactive brain, or no brain at all... I'm not sure!

I forget everything! I can walk from one room to the other and forget why I was going there, I forget half the things I was supposed to get at the store - but who cares, because I forgot what I was going to make anyway, I forget where I place things, I forget what I'm doing as I'm doing it, I make plans, but forget about them, I forget to eat, and even forget what I was saying in the middle of a sentence.

I also have a million ideas and plans, but constantly get distracted (by other ideas and plans I guess…) so nothing gets done. We've been doing a lot of projects around the house lately, but none of them are really finished yet. The house is cluttered with tools, baby stuff and things that I forget to put away - or can't put away yet, because the dresser/closet/space they need to be put in isn't finished yet.
And, on top of that I am clumsy and constantly losing things...

So it's time to get into action, cause I'm driving myself (and I'm sure my ever loving and surprisingly patient husband) crazy. So starting last weekend, I've been actively trying to battle this madness and living by my moms wise words 'an organized home is an organized mind'. I've been scrubbing and organizing the house, clearing out closets to create (a temporary) space for baby things, and making to-do and don't-forget lists. I'm not sure if it will resolve the issue, but I'm hoping it will at least help a little bit.

For now, please excuse the lack of posts and bear with me as I'm trying to organize my way back to the blog. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment